The Queensland Government has announced additional employer incentives for employers.
- 1 January, the Government is offering payments of up to $20,000 for businesses to take on Mature Age Workers, through its Back to Work program
- Qld Government will be bringing around two of Youth Boost forward.
The Honourable Shannon Fentiman said more will be done to support employment opportunities for Queenslanders in 2018.
“We know there are a lot of families still doing it tough after the downturn in the resources sector and we will be ramping up our efforts to support employment and training opportunities for people in 2018.
“I am pleased that, from 1 January, the Government is offering payments of up to $20,000 for businesses to take on Mature Age Workers, through our Back to Work program and on Wednesday I announced that we will be bringing round two of Youth Boost forward.”
Youth unemployment is down across Queensland with Cairns leading the way by halving their youth unemployment rate.
“This outstanding result can be attributed to vital programs like Youth Boost, where 1 in 5 Youth Boost payments went to Cairns,” Ms Fentiman said.
Importantly the gap between regional and South East Queensland unemployment rates narrowed significantly over the last year from 2.3 points in November 2016 to 1.4 points in November 2017.
“This is why we are partnering with businesses in the regions, to work with them to be able to grow and bridge the gap between our regions and cities.”
This is great news for employers but also a valuable opportunity for business to harness the opportunity of future-proofing their businesses by investing in experience and knowledge.
Source: Queensland Government Media Release