The National Retail Association (NRA) has announced the winners of the industry’s largest and most prestigious awards program, the national Rewards for Excellence, during an elaborate Mad Hatter-themed awards dinner in Melbourne overnight.
Rewards for Excellence recognises the best of the best in the retail industry, acknowledging elite individuals and businesses who have consistently proven themselves to be thought-leaders in their field, and who are setting a whole new standard of excellence in the sector.
“As the consumer environment continues to evolve, we need to look to those who are displaying innovation and putting their people and customers first. It’s a credit to creative and passionate retailers like many of our Rewards for Excellence winners who are determined to see their businesses and industry flourish,” said National Retail Association CEO Trevor Evans.
The winners of the 2015 NRA Rewards for Excellence are:
- Small Retailer of the Year: Sleepdoctor & holy Sheet! Campbelltown
- Medium Retailer of the Year: Nextra Chermside Newsagency
- Large Retailer of the Year: Supercheap Auto
- Franchisee of the Year: Boost Juice Sunnybank and Boost Juice Toombul
- Employer of the Year: Billabong Group
- Multichannel Retailer of the Year: The Co-op
- Training Excellence Award: Jeanswest
- Innovation Excellence Award: Scotch & Soda
- Sustainability Excellence Award: LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
- Safety Excellence Award: Harris Scarfe
- Golden Anniversary celebrating 50 years of NRA membership: Wallace Bishop Group
- HR Practitioner of the Year: Stewart Silk, Michael Hill
- CEO of the Year: Anthony Lowings, KFC Australia
- NRA Supreme Award Retailer of the Year: Super Retail Group
The Rewards for Excellence awards were presented during the opening night of the NRA’s esteemed People and Operations Development (POD) Summit, which this year empowered retailers to explore the role of innovation and collaboration in their businesses.
NRA CEO Trevor Evans and award winners are available for interviews. Contact the NRA’s Media Unit on 0467 792 013 or on 07 3171 2960.
Photos from the awards ceremony are available on request.