Instagram’s new Snapchat inspired story telling feature lets followers view off the cuff or behind the scenes moments from your brand.
Your ‘stories’ whether they be a photo or video have a shelf life of 24 hours and won’t taint your carefully curated Instagram feed.
If you don’t use Snapchat why would you use Instagram stories?
- The Instagram Stories interface is much more user friendly and easier to get started
- Unlike Snapchat, if your profile is public, anybody can see your content which means greater reach
- If you are already using Instagram for your business, you have a captive audience
- Videos offer increased visibility and interaction
- Customers feel like part of your brand when they get behind the scenes access
- It allows you to trial Snapchat style content without moving to yet another social channel
- If you target audience are Snapchat users, they will most likely already be mastering the Instagram Stories
For more information on how to get started with Instagram Stories, click here.