Next Committee Meeting: 22 MARCH, SYDNEY
The NRA’s Technical Standards Committee is a group of quality assurance and product compliance specialists who come together from many of Australia’s retail businesses to discuss the challenges of product safety and compliance. The Committee is an important forum for the development of retail industry policy.
It communicates regularly, on behalf of the industry, with government decision-makers and agencies, including Standards Australia, the ACCC, offices of Fair Trading and Consumer Affairs, the National Measurement Institute and others, conveying the issues and concerns of the retail sector.
Committee meetings are held twice yearly in Sydney and Melbourne with regular updates provided to members between meetings. The current chair is Barbara Geens (Officeworks).
Joining this group provides a perfect opportunity for product and compliance specialists and managers to:
- Keep up to date with changes in the technical standards applying to your products
- Learn from your peers in other Australian retail chains and stores about problems and solutions
- Contribute to and formulate national policy and standards as a Standards Australia nominating committee
- Engage in the dialogue between the retail sector and government and regulators about the issues concerning your business
- Attend presentations on topical issues from guest speakers from industry, regulators and suppliers
- Network with other product safety professionals and specialists in your field of expertise
If you would like to attend the next Technical Standards Committee meeting on 22 March in Sydney, please contact David Stout at [email protected].